Are you looking for virtual graduation ideas for schools? Are you feeling stuck and not sure where to even start when it comes to planning and putting together your schools’ virtual graduation event?
There are a lot of different approaches when it comes to virtual graduation ceremonies. In this article, we take a closer look at virtual graduations ideas for:
- Elementary Schools
- Middle Schools
- High Schools
Virtual Graduation Ideas For Pre-Schools
Pre-schools can celebrate their little-one’s promotion to Kindergarten by creating a virtual graduation ceremony for their class. Here’s a list of ideas that you could consider:
- Get your little one’s to learn a little song that they could pre-record before the event
- Create a slideshow of their baby images to show at the start of the graduation video
- Show off artwork and crafts created my the little one’s during the school year
- Give out special certificates before the event and have photographs taken
- Announce each child and show the certificate images during the graduation stage
- Give each child a graduation gift together with their certificate
Virtual Graduation Ideas for Kindergartens
If you’re planning a virtual graduation for your Kindergarten, you could consider including some or all of these ideas to make the event a really memorable occasion:
- Let each child give their own virtual speech with a pre-recorded video
- Hire a professional photographer to take images of the children in their graduation clothes, then use these images in a virtual graduation slideshow
- Pre-record each child accepting their graduation diplomas before the event then add this to the virtual graduation video to show to the parents and guests during the virtual event.
- Give each child a memorable year book celebrating their achievements and special occasions
- Showcase the event live on Zoom / Google Meet
Virtual Graduation Ideas for Elementary & Middle Schools
It doesn’t matter which grade your child is in, they all deserve to have a special graduation ceremony, even if it is a virtual one.
An online or virtual ceremony will allow for speeches from the school principal, the valedictorian, and a recognition of the completion certificates and awards that have been achieved by all of the students – here are a few ideas of how to create a memorable event for your students moving up to middle or high school:
- Encourage all students to “dress up” for the occasion, and have their picture taken with their close family members in their homes
- Create a powerpoint presentation showcasing each student – Have the graduate’s family and friends send in videos with well wishes or photos of their favorite memories
- Discuss the option of having some type of gathering or reunion to allow time for goodbyes and good wishes as soon as the time is available
- Organize a facetime of zoom afterparty dinner for the students
- Encouraging friends and family of the graduate to send them special messages throughout the day of their graduation
Virtual Graduation Ideas for High Schools
virtual graduation celebrations are so important right now, especially for high school graduates, graduating from high school can be one of life’s most memorable and rewarding milestones, here are a few ideas of the things you should consider:
- Choose a day or time that you want to have your virtual celebration and send out a fancy graduation e-invitation that clearly states the date, time and the link to the platform you will be using.
- Get your student’s to order their graduation cap and gown in time for the graduation so they can where them on the day and celebrate just like they would for a ‘normal’ graduation ceremony.
- If you’re planning to a live-stream event, do a practice run through to make sure everything works
- Prepare the salutatorian or valedictorian speeches in advance and allow them to practice in front of a camera to make sure they’re not camera shy on the day
- Put together a graduation slideshow and speech honoring each of the grad’s accomplishments over the years.
There are many websites on the internet that you can go to for inspiration but one that we really recommend is Pinterest. There are graduation party ideas, ceremony ideas, drive-by celebration ideas, and much more. Take a look at https://pinterest.com
Creating a virtual graduation ceremony event from scratch is not an easy project to complete for some schools so they choose to hire an experienced company like DLE Event Group who will help plan, create and manage the entire process with them.